What happens when you combine pumpkin season with Thanksgiving? You get our baked stuffed pumpkin recipe! Scoop out the inside of a pumpkin and stuff it to the brim with bacon, ham, sun-dried tomatoes, mascarpone cheese, and parmesan cheese! Never have a dull Thanksgiving recipe again with this awesome pumpkin recipe. Plus, it’s great even when it’s not Thanksgiving! This pumpkin recipe is great for any event.
Baked Stuffed Pumpkin with Bacon, Ham, and Cheese
- 4 Small Pumpkins, each about 1 pound
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil or Coconut Oil
- 1 Cup Low Sodium Bacon Chopped & Cooked
- ½ Cup Sun-dried Tomatoes Thinly Sliced
- 1 Cup Ham Chopped
- 1 Shallot Thinly Sliced
- ½ Cup Mascarpone Cheese
- 1 Cup Parmesan Cheese Grated
- Salt and Pepper
- Cut a thin slice off the top of each pumpkin (if you have a bigger pumpkin just cut it in half). Scoop out the seeds and fibers. Place the pumpkins in a roasting pan with the hole facing up. Brush the inside of the pumpkins with olive oil or coconut oil and sprinkle salt and plenty of pepper. Bake in a preheated oven at 425°F for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a pan and cook your bacon for a minute. Then, add the ham, shallot, sun-dried tomato, and cook it together with the bacon for around 3 to 5 minutes. Set it on the side and wait for the pumpkins to finish.
- Remove your pumpkins from the oven when done. Scoop the mixture evenly into the 4 (or 6) pumpkins. Add 1 tablespoon of mascarpone cheese on top. Then, sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top of everything. Return to the oven and cook for another 20 minutes.
- Remove, serve, and enjoy with dipping bread!